Backlinks Definition and Importance:
Backlinks are very essential and imperative to search engine optimization(SEO) and I have been having a hard time trying to understand the meaning of a “Backlink”. I did a research, and I am more than happy sharing my findings with you my dear readers.
In this write-up, it’s my intention to make you understand what backlinks are, why they are important to your success as a blogger or website owner and why they are very imperative to SEO.
The term, “backlinks” is used to describe incoming links to a webpage from other websites. When a website links to any other website, it’s called backlink.
Below is an explained list of common terms related to backlinks that you should know:
Link Juice: When a webpage links to any of your articles or your website’s homepage, it passes “link juice”. This link juice helps with the ranking of the article, and also improves the domain authority. As a blogger, you can stop passing link juice by using a no-follow tag.
No-Follow Link: When a website links to another website, but the link has a no-follow tag, that link does not pass link juice. No-follow links are not useful concerning the ranking of a page as they do not contribute anything. In general, a webmaster uses the no-follow tag when he/she is linking out to an unreliable site.
Do-Follow Link: By default, all the links that you add into a blog post are do-follow links, and these pass link juice.
Linking Root Domains: This refers to the number of backlinks coming into your website from a unique domain. Even if a website has linked to your website ten times, it will only be considered as one linked root domain.
Low-Quality Links: Low-quality links are links that come from harvested sites, automated sites, spam sites, or even porn sites. Such links do far more harm than good. This is one reason you should be careful when buying backlinks.
Internal Links: Links that are going from one page to another within the same domain are called internal links. The process itself is referred to as internal linking or interlinking.
Anchor Text: Text that is used for hyperlinks is called anchor text. Anchor text backlinks work great when you are trying to rank for particular keywords.
Importance and Advantages of Backlinks to SEO:
Even now, backlinks plays a major role for the overall ranking of a webpage as a page with a lot of backlinks tend to have high ranking in all major search engines in the world including the almighty and knowing Google. As explained above, backlinks are of vital importance and their advantages to SEO are listed and explained below:
- Faster Indexing: Backlinks point your pages and content to search engine crawlers, thereby making it possible for the content to be indexed by the search engines faster than it would have without backlinks. Backlinks makes it possible, especially for new sites to be crawled effectively by bots, so it’s very important to get backlinks as they will help for the faster finding and indexing of your contents.
- Referral Traffic: The most important benefit of backlinks is, ” referral traffic”. “Referral traffics” are visits to a website that are not coming from search engines(Google, yahoo, bing), but from links dropped in any other website. So the more backlinks you get, the more referral traffic you — not forgetting that referral traffic is targeted and has a very low bounce rate.
Improves Organic Ranking: As already explained above, backlinks will help in securing a better place for you in search engine ranking. Naturally, contents getting links from other websites definitely ranks higher in search engines than contents with no links. so your target or priority should be searching for websites/blogs with “commentLuv” plugin, drop reasonable comments with a link to your website. If your comment is approved, a link to your last post will automatically be included in the approved post. This will improve your organic ranking and at the same time get you more referral traffics.
Ways to get Backlinks:
- The best way to get backlinks is by writing excellent and outstanding posts in your websites. This is prompt other website owners to share your content and link your website as the source of the content.
- Dropping excellent and inspiring, not off topic, not spam-my comments on other blogs/websites.
- Submit links to your contents to web directories
I hope this post help someone start working on getting their backlinks! If you have already started getting your backlinks, you can contribute and add more weight to the post by dropping your comments in the box below:
If you find this post useful, share with your friends and family on Facebook and other social medias
Backlinks Definition, Importance and Ways to get BackLinks