We are living in a time where the best kind of fraud, is a fraud committed in the name of “God”. These fraudsters in the name of men of god do not only steal from their victims, they secretly lead them to eternal condemnation. The instruction Jesus left for us in the book of Matthew 24:4 is very clear and it reads thus; ” And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you”. This could be translated as “See to it that no one misleads you”.
How then can we avoid being misled when the greatest weapon used by false prophets and teachers is found in the book of Matthew 7:1(Judge not, that ye be not judged)? This is the most misinterpreted verse of the bible, the misinterpretation a tool in the hands of the false prophets, teachers and their followers. If you read the other surrounding verses, you will understand that the passage in Matthew is not forbidding judgment, but against hypocrisy. Yet again, we find that a text without a context is a pretext—the primary exegetical fault leading to misinterpretation is neglecting to read closely the surrounding section of a key verse. The “judge not” is now a cult. How do you expect a parent not to scold the wrong doings of the child? How can we preach against fornication, adultery, stealing and all manner of transgression with the passage of Matthew being misinterpreted?
If you read further to Matthew 7:24 you will understand we have been charged to judge righteously, ” Judge not according to sight, but judge righteous judgment”. With that being established, let no man whomsoever tell you not to judge if you know you are not doing it hypocritically.
We are suppose to point ourselves and others to the right direction. In the book of Galatians 2:11 we see how Paul a new convert, committed with the gospel of un-circumcision rebuked Peter. Galatians 2:11; “11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him in public, because he was clearly wrong”. If peter was a false teacher or prophet, he would have retaliated quoting Matthew 7:1 to Paul . If he was in our days of misinterpretation, he would have boosted to have walked side by side with the Lord Jesus and asked who is Paul to rebuke him.
Now that we know we are suppose to judge righteously, let us use the scriptures to identify false teachers and prophets and also avoid their secretly introduced heresies and falsehoods.
- Deuteronomy 18:21-22, “And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.”
The true Prophet of the Lord predicts that which does come to pass. If the Prophet’s predictions fail, they are exposed as NOT of God.
- Jeremiah 28:9, “The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.”
A true Prophet will be 100% accurate. there is absolutely no margin for error.
- 2 Peter 1:20, “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.”
A true Prophet NEVER gives his private interpretation. He only shares what the Lord reveals. Scripture defines Scripture, not man.
- 2 Peter 1:21, “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
A true Prophet only prophecies in the name of the Lord. He only seeks to glorify the Lord. He will never seek glory to himself. NEVER!
- Isaiah 8:20, “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”
A true Prophet keeps God’s Law, and abides by the testimony of the Bible Prophets as well. If a Prophet does not agree with the Bible Prophet’s or does not keep God’s Ten Commandments, he is a false Prophet.
- Matthew 24:24-25, “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.”
Performing miracles proves nothing.
- Matthew 7:15-20, “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”
A true Prophet will show good works, and have identifiable fruits of a Christian. He/she will have abundant BIBLICAL fruits!
The points explained below will further help us identify these false prophets and teachers:
1. Faith Bracelets: What does the bible says about faith? Lets look at the book of Hebrews 11:1; “11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Making a bracelet your substance and evidence contradicts Hebrew 11:1. Faith from the bible is the eye we use to see the things that are not yet made manifest, but this has been contradicted by a false prophet who secretly introduced faith bracelets from the occult. Watch the Video below:
- Transubstantiation: This is a false doctrine from the Roman Catholic; meaning the transformation of substances into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. The whole substance of consecrated Bread and Wine is changed into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. This false doctrine has been adopted by many Pentecostal churches, no wonder the bible refers to them as the daughters of the harlot. The Literal interpretation of eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus comes from the following scriptures: John 6:32-58; Matthew 26:26; Luke 22:17-23; and 1 Corinthians 11:24-25. The passage pointed to most frequently is John 6:32-58 and especially verses 53-57,
“Jesus said to them, ‘I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life … For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him … so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.’”
Roman Catholics interpret this passage literally and apply its message to the Lord’s Supper, which they title the “Eucharist” or “Mass.” Those who reject the idea of transubstantiation interpret Jesus’ words in John 6:53-57 figuratively or symbolically. How can we know which interpretation is correct? Thankfully, Jesus made it exceedingly obvious what He meant. John 6:63 declares,
“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.”
Jesus specifically stated that His words are “spirit.” Jesus was using physical concepts, eating and drinking, to teach spiritual truth. Just as consuming physical food and drink sustains our physical bodies, so are our spiritual lives saved and built up by spiritually receiving Him, by grace through faith. Eating Jesus’ flesh and drinking His blood are symbols of fully and completely receiving Him in our lives.
There’s an extended version of this falsehood, which is the transubstantiation of water into the blood of Jesus. This is particular falsehood is done by our major main stream prophets and teachers reducing the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ to some fetish occult potion in cups and bottles. A clear example is the anointing water produced by major prophet TBJ
If it were possible for any one to turn water into the blood of Jesus, then it was of no use for Jesus Christ to have died for our sins. Transubstantiation is cunningly introduced doctrine from the devil. True Christians will avoid this and only make use of the precious blood of Jesus shed abroad on the cross of cavalry to be applied by faith even without seeing it. Runaway from any act of Transubstantiation!
God help your elects not to be deceived!
Thanks for reading, If the write up was useful, kindly share and bless the lives of others!